VoiceFit is the brand that Victoria ‘Tor’ Spence works for.
Tor is a fully registered UK Speech and Language Therapist.
Member of Health Care Professions Council – SL23895
Member of Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists – RC0020638
Member of Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice – 2445
Tor is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should she ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or her speech therapy services then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 3rd January 2023
What information is collected?
Depending on the service you are accessing Tor may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address, address and Tel no.
- some specific medical referral information and the names of relevant health care professionals involved in your care.
- medical insurance membership numbers and authorisation codes
- information about your preferred learning styles, experiences and social information.
- ongoing progress notes are kept during the time that a service is provided whether that is speech therapy, training, or supervision.
What is done with the information Tor gathers?
This information is required to understand your treatment needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To send you (by post or email) relevant therapy summaries, clinic letters and any other information deemed relevant and agreed with you in advance.
- We will only share information directly with you, your GP and the referring medical consultant with your permission.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about VoiceFit services, products, events and information which Tor thinks you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for feedback purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail to ask you for feedback regarding the service you received.
- We may use the information to improve VoiceFit services.
Tor is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. All data is kept electronically on a secure platform called WriteUpp. If paper records are kept for any reason these are secured in a locked cabinet.
All patient and client data is kept for 8 years for adults and 25 years for children. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The VoiceFit website uses traffic log cookies Google Analytics to identify which pages are being used. This helps to analyse data about web page traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to client needs.
Overall, cookies help provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
The VoiceFit website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the site, you should note that Tor does not have any control over that other website. Therefore, she cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to Tor using your personal information for direct communication or marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing Tor at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Tor Spence, Manor Barn, Westbrook, Newbury, RG20 8DJ.
- Tor will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless she has your permission or is required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which Tor holds about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Tor Spence at Manor Barn, Westbrook, Newbury, RG20 8DJ
If you believe that any information Tor is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email Tor as soon as possible, at the above address. She will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.